Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! The benefits of blocking up before heading outside during
summer months (or any time of year, really) has been drilled into us by every beauty blog and
skin care professional. As we reach peak summer temperatures, we’re grabbing the highest
SPF in between pool parties and family beach trips. But what about protecting our hair from
harmful UV rays?
We’re adding another step to your beauty routine, and it’s important. That’s right—your hair
needs sun care to protect from damage. Too much time in the sun can fade color and cause
dehydration and dullness. Prolonged exposure can even cause premature hair aging. But don’t
fret … we have all the products you need to ensure a summer full of great hair days.
View this post on Instagram
Use these products before heading out.
● Aveda’s Nutriplenish Leave-In Conditioner is a lightweight conditioning spray that has a
naturally derived UV filter to protect hair from the drying effects of the sun.
● Aveda’s Sun Care Protective Hair Veil is a water-resistant UV defense mist that protects
hair from sun exposure, minimizing damage and dryness.
● Davines’s SU Milk is a leave-in spray cream with UV protective filters that protect color
from fading and prevent dehydration.
Use these products after fun in the sun.
● Aveda’s Sun Care Hair & Body Cleanser gently removes chlorine, salt and product
residue while rehydrating with tamanu oil and organic coconut oil.
● Aveda’s Sun Care After-Sun Hair Masque is an intensive cream masque that
moisturizes sun-exposed hair with morikue protein and plant oils.
● Davines’s SU Hair & Body Wash is a multi-benefit shower shampoo that cleanses hair
and skin exposed to the sun with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
● Davines’s SU Hair Mask restores shine and softness to hair damaged by sun, chlorine
Armed with the right products, good hair days are guaranteed—all summer long. Does your hair
need a little more TLC? Book your cut or treatment here!
Ready to look fab for the start of the school year? Don’t wait to book your back-to-school
appointment! Schedule your appointment online or call (281) 332-9100.